Application period begins December 10, 2021. Decisions will be made on or before January 10, 2022
Does This Sound Like You?
- You want an internship experience around creative people that makes a real and tangible difference in your life…
- You have a bias for action…
- You crave something more…
- You see your potential and the gifts you have to offer…
- You want to help make a difference for others…
Seeking up to four energetic responsible Intern Trainees to join Make-It Springfield—a downtown Community Makerspace—under the supervision of the Executive Director.
The expected timeline for this position is February 1 – April 30, 2022.
You will focus on a variety of projects and assignments, learning how specific areas of our organization operate. This is an excellent opportunity for an intern trainee who wants to be intentional about growing. We want someone who is insightful, and willing to expand his or her thinking to help our team, with an interest in sharing their own unique perspective. Able to learn to work collaboratively and independently with confidence is important in this assignment, and so is an interest in Creatives who are primarily from an urban environment. A willingness to learn about social change, socio-economic diversity, racial diversity and their relationship to this organization is imperative. If you have an interest in creative living and creative ideas, you are likely a good match for this organization.
A stipend of $500 will be rewarded to each intern trainee following the successful completion of the program.
Intern Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and gather information and documentation on our community.
- Prepare as directed information for various stakeholders.
- Assist in the development of the organization and specifically in developing and organizing ways to enrich, educate, and entertain youth and adults in our community (including those who identify as artists, designers, entrepreneurs, makers and creators).
- Perform some clerical duties such as phone surveys or reports.
- Participate in Event Planning.
- Participate in some Staff meetings via Zoom or in-person.
- Participate in the redevelopment of a successful Members model including innovative ideas on classes, workshops, and support.
- Participate and train in potential storytelling and public speaking opportunities.
- Assist in the creation and development of unique and compelling social media.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Should enjoy juggling multiple tasks.
- A willingness to learn how to tackle new ideas and projects.
- Dependable, honest, and hardworking, but with a sense of humor.
- Able to commit to up to 12 hours a week.
- A desire to learn and to contribute from your own experience.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Curious and creative.
NOTE: This internship training will be done virtually and in-person. We are open to a flexible schedule. Some mode of transportation to our downtown Springfield location will be necessary.
Please send applications by email to:
Roberta Wilmore, Executive Director Make-It Springfield
The application period opens on December 10, 2021. Decisions will be made on or before January 10, 2022.
Your application consists of a letter or audio recording that states why this is the right opportunity for you. Include two references.
A virtual interview will be required for those who will be considered.